Mornings can get to be quite hard and stressful for some of us; there’s so much to do and so little time. After the hardest part (getting out of bed), making breakfast comes next. Usually, it’s the longest process of the morning; if someone’s on a morning hurry, chances are they’ll skip breakfast.
This is a huge mistake. Here’s why:
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Besides activating our metabolism, it also supplies the body with the energy needed until lunch. Skipping breakfast will significantly reduce the performance of any morning activity.
With these 10 creative breakfast hacks, mornings won’t be such a rush. These tips can lead to more invaluable sleeping time.
Prepare Meals in Advance
Organize cooking supplements that are used through the week. Instead of having to chop vegetables to cook for every meal, take a day of the week to chop all vegetables in advance.
Keeping the vegetables prepared in Tupperware will make it much easier to access them and use them to cook. In exchange for a few minutes every week, breakfast is much simpler with this tip.
- Have prepared pancake batter stored inside a plastic bottle. Instead of having to prepare batter every morning, simply pour it.
- Chop mixed fruits to keep in bags in the fridge, awesome for quick and tasty smoothies.
- Use small containers to carry healthy on-the-go snacks like nuts, cereal, fruits, energy bars and yogurt.
Get Enough Hydration
During sleep, the human body is in a state of dehydration. After a whole night of dehydration, a glass of water will get the body going. While sometimes you might not feel thirsty, the body is still dehydrated.
At breakfast, water activates our organism to make better use of the food’s nutrients. Additionally, a glass of water after eating is recommended to ease digestion.
Fruits contain multiple vitamins that are important for early performance and overall health. Having fruits for breakfast provides the body with fiber; which is digested lightly. This point is important, as digestion shouldn’t be too heavy during the morning.
There are multiple creative ways to enjoy fruits at breakfast. Some of the most basic ones are mixed with milk, granola, yogurt, cornflakes, or even smoothies.
Make On-The-Go Breakfast
Breakfast on the go is probably the easiest solution to rushed mornings. Having an on the go solution can save a lot of time on urgent occasions; or even as a regular habit.
- In a cupcake tray, make egg and bacon muffins, store them in the fridge and heat them in the morning; delicious and quick.
- One cup meals recipes: from microwaved eggs and pancakes to cornflakes, yogurts and fruits.
- Keep small portion bags with nuts, fruits or cornflakes for a quick snack.
Have Early Breakfast
I know how tempting some late breakfast options can be. Sadly, it’s not recommended to have late breakfasts.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Generally, it should be consumed before 9:00am in order to help the body make good use of the nutrients.
The proteins and vitamins in breakfast are very important to start the day properly. If it’s not consumed before daily activities, the body will exhaust faster while decrease performance and effectiveness.
Make Balanced Dishes
Having a balanced breakfast is key for an efficient day. Keep in mind that breakfast acts as our morning fuel; it has a huge impact on the overall performance. There’s much more behind a balanced meal than just vitamins and protein.
- Include mixed vegetables when possible and avoid fried foods for breakfast
- Avoid sweets and drinks high on sugar; a natural fruit shake makes a much better choice.
Avoid Eating the Same
It’s important to avoid falling into a routine. Avoid having the same repetitive dish for breakfast every day. Switch things up every once in a while; having breakfast outside for example.
The idea of breakfast is to kickstart the day. If it becomes a tedious routine, it’ll be no longer enjoyable. Explore different options, experiment different breakfasts or try a personal recipe.
Yogurt is a healthy snack that fits almost any diet. Additionally, it serves as a delicious breakfast accompaniment or even as a snack.
Thanks to its smooth digestion, yogurt makes up for an excellent breakfast idea. Whether it’s plain, low-fat, or Greek, yogurt represents a solid source of proteins and calcium.
- Delicious to mix with fruits or granola
- Avoid sweetened Yogurt. Instead, use honey or maple syrup
- Yogurt-based smoothies are excellent sides for breakfast
Incorporate Oatmeal, Granola and Nuts
Having additions such as oatmeal, granola, and nuts with breakfast will guarantee a fresh morning. Additionally, each of these delivers healthy benefits individually. They improve both breakfast and health; it doesn’t get any better than that.
- They are an excellent source of key vitamins and minerals.
- Nuts provide a rich source of fat that can lower cholesterol.
- Oatmeal slows down digestion, giving a fuller sensation.
- Granola is a great source of energy; it also lowers cholesterol, regulates digestion and improves cardiac health.
An entrepreneur and a husband, Dan hails from Copenhagen, Denmark. He loves to join ultramarathon races and travel to popular running destinations together with his wife. During regular days, he manages his websites, Runnerclick, The Gear Hunt, and Jane’s Kitchen Miracles. Dan has also been featured in several popular running blogs across the world.