This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Playtex, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #RefreshYourNursery http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Babies are cute, aren’t they? With their teeny tiny toes and squishy cheeks. Their wrinkly fingers and dimpled knees. All 3 of mine had only a bit of peach fuzz on the top of their head and it was the softest I’ve ever felt. Those were the days.
They smell good, too, especially straight out of a bath. That scent that only a freshly washed baby can have. I’m here to tell you, however, that they don’t always smell good. Because babies also poop. And it stinks. Which is why a disposable diaper system like a Diaper Genie is a great item for any new parent, so they can focus on the good baby scents and not the stink.
Parenthood has made me accustomed to discussing poop, too, without a flinch. That’s a funny word, actually. Poop. It happens. How many times can I say “poop” in this post? Let’s find out!
While these days for myself personally are over, 3 is enough thanks!, my soon-to-be brother-in-law and his wife are about to have a baby. A squishy, teeny tiny, freshly scented newborn. As such, I put together a small gift basket of some essentials for them. You don’t need a lot of items for a baby. A place to sleep, some clothes, blankets, diapers and you’re mostly set for the first few months, anyway. There are a few necessities, however, that I could never live without.
5 (or more) Essential Gift Basket Items for Baby
1. Diapers and Baby Wipes – This goes without saying. Babies poop. That poop needs a place to go, that’s preferably not all over everything, though you’re bound to have an accident or two. That’s part of the fun of parenthood.
2. Diaper Genie and Diaper Genie Refills – Once that baby poops and fills a diaper, that diaper needs to be disposed of without stinking up the house. Hence the reason why a Diaper Genie and Refills are a must. I picked up 3 packs of Diaper Genie refills at Target to add to my basket. Be sure to save your receipt, as you can receive a $25 Spa Finder Wellness gift card after purchasing 3 or more varieties of Diaper Genie at Target and by saving your Target receipt and going to the following website: http://bit.ly/1leqgU7 (while supplies last). The new mom will definitely appreciate this.
3. Diaper Rash Creme – With diapers and all that goes on in said diaper, there’s bound to be a rash or two.
4. Baby Lotion and Baby Oil – There’s a reason why this stuff is in every newborn baby gift basket. We used a lot of baby oil to help with cradle cap and the lotion is just nice after a bath or to help with any areas of dry skin.
5. Swaddle Blankets – You’ll quickly learn, most babies won’t sleep unless they’re wrapped up as tight as a bug in a rug. All of mine loved to be swaddled. And when they’re not swaddled, these blankets still make a comfy place for them to stretch out those teeny tiny toes or somewhere to lay for a diaper change. Because babies are all about the poop.
Those first few months, all a baby really does is sleep and eat and grow. And poop. There’s always poop. The toys and fun stuff come after. Then they grow up into big kids, who can handle their own bathroom business among many other things, and you wonder where the time went.
For the record, 10. I used the word “poop” an even 10 times in this entry. It definitely happens.