This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BoostBackToSchool #CollectiveBias
As a mom, I understand the importance of a balanced breakfast. Especially with the beginning of a new school year, it’s essential for kids to get that morning boost so they’re full of energy and ready to learn. By all accounts, a great breakfast is the start to a great day. This doesn’t mean that mom needs to wake up hours earlier just to slave over the stove groggy eyed and bleary, however. I take help wherever I can, with Jimmy Dean and these Turkey and Asparagus Quiche Muffins.
So I can enjoy my morning as well, I picked up a box of Jimmy Dean® Frozen 4 ct Croissant Sausage Egg Cheese at Meijer. Made from real eggs, sausage, and cheese, Jimmy Dean® Croissant Sausage Egg Cheese is a complete and satisfying breakfast in 3 minutes or less. To be honest, I can’t keep enough of these around. My kids love them!
And because lunch is important, too, I also grabbed a pack of Hillshire Farm® Naturals Slow Roasted Turkey at Meijer, as well. Hillshire Farm® Naturals is an all natural lunchmeat with the delicious taste you want to come back to.
While great for a quick and easy sandwich that you can feel good about, I had another idea that would combine both our breakfast and lunch favorites in delicious and perfect for on the go Turkey and Asparagus Quiche Muffins!
These Turkey and Asparagus Quiche Muffins are a perfect compliment to the Jimmy Dean® Croissants.
Not only are the croissants easy and delicious, but what’s really great about the Turkey and Asparagus Quiche Muffins is that you can make them ahead, then freeze and reheat at any time, too. So if you feel like having these muffins at lunch with a Hillshire Farm® Naturals Slow Roasted Turkey sandwich, it’s there ready and waiting and so, so good! And still easy enough for my son to make on his own.
For our Turkey and Asparagus Quiche Muffins, you’ll need dice fresh asparagus into bite-size pieces and saute. Also, chop up a few slices of the Hillshire Farm® Naturals Slow Roasted Turkey lunchmeat. Set aside while you get your egg mixture ready.
For the egg mixture, you’ll need eggs, heavy cream, milk, parsley, shredded Colby Jack cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk it all together then pour in the muffin tins about 3/4 full. Add a few pieces of the asparagus and chopped lunchmeat. Top with more cheese.
Bake the Turkey and Asparagus Quiche Muffins 20-25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Then let set and gently remove by running a butter knife around each muffin. Eat warm, or let cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat for several seconds in the microwave or a few minutes in a preheated oven.
And mom’s work here is done. And everyone is happy. It’s a good day!
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus, diced
- 1/2 cup Hillshire Farm® Naturals Slow Roasted Turkey, diced
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup Colby Jack shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 and thoroughly apply non-stick cooking spray to a muffin tine.
- Dice asparagus into bite size pieces and saute. Set aside.
- Dice turkey and set aside as well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, milk, parsley, 1/2 a cup of cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into a pourable measuring cup and begin filling muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full. Add a few pieces of sauteed asparagus and diced turkey to each. Top with remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the egg is fully set and beginning to golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before running a butter knife around the edge of each muffin to easily pop out of the tin.
- Enjoy warm, or let cool completely and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. These muffins can be reheated for just a few seconds in the microwave (times vary), or a few minutes in a preheated oven.
Get your coupon to save up to $2 on Back to School Essentials at Meijer! How will you use the savings to give your kids a breakfast boost for back to school?