Chocolate donuts are the ultimate reason to get up and greet the day. No, it’s not the healthiest. But sometimes, you really just need to treat yourself and your family. Then again, who says you can only have donuts in the morning? These Baked Double Chocolate Chip Donuts are great with a glass of milk at breakfast or make it a dessert with a scoop of ice cream.
Now, we all know that I’m not the best at breakfast. Donuts, however, those I can do. We’ve done in a few in the past, in fact. Like our S’Mores Baked Donuts, Coffee Creamer Glazed Donuts, and these Monster Eyes Donuts for Halloween. I like doing baked donuts, because that means they’re at least kind of healthy. Right? OK, maybe not. We can tell ourselves that, though. Though again, that might be hard to do with a recipe that calls for double chocolate.
To make our Baked Double Chocolate Chip Donuts you will first need to whisk the egg, milk, vanilla extract, and 3 tbsp of oil together. Once mixed, add in dry ingredients except the chocolate chips and combine well.
Once the batter is combined well, gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Spoon the chocolate batter into a greased donut pan. Then, in an oven preheated to 325F, bake for 14-16 minutes till done. Let them cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Once the donuts have cooled, you can dunk the donuts into melted chocolate for more chocolate. You can also decorate with sprinkles or more mini chocolate chips.
Breakfast or dessert? Who says you have to choose. Whenever you enjoy them, these Baked Double Chocolate Chip Donuts are sure to be a family favorite.
- 1 Cup White Whole Wheat Flour (or All Purpose Flour)
- 2 tbsp. of Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup of milk
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease the donut pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg, milk, vanilla extract and oil together.
- Add in the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the donut holes.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes till done.
- Let them cool in the pan for few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Be sure to find more easy breakfast recipes at Our Kid Things!