This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DipYourWay #CollectiveBias
Getting children to eat their vegetables can be, well, difficult. I know we’ve had many fits and tantrums over the years. Now that they’re older, though, their tactics have turned to creative ways to sneak their plates past me and to the trash. Their reasons range from the taste to the texture to, “ew, it’s green!” to, “I just don’t want to”. Safe to say, a veggie tray is not their first choice of snack. Though they just might change their mind if you put a fun spin on it. And include a yummy dip.
While at Walmart, I selected a few fresh vegetable items, namely carrots, both large and baby variety, along with a cucumber. I also picked up a container of Kraft French Onion Dip. Be sure to look for all 3 flavors of Kraft Dips in their new, brighter and bolder, re-imagined packaging! Along with Kraft French Onion Dip there’s also Kraft Green Onion Dip and Kraft Bacon Cheddar Dip.
When I got home, it was time to start chopping up a fun Bear-y Yummy Kid-Friendly Veggie Tray.
Get it? Bear-y, like very. I’ve always said if you have to explain your jokes then they’re not very funny. Here I am, explaining my jokes.
With a small cup of Kraft French Onion Dip as the bear’s belly, I then chopped and sliced and diced to form the rest of the bear around it. It was actually really easy and quick. Also, since I still had some room on the tray, I gave the bear a veggie flower with more slices of veggies.
I then used 2 mini chocolate chips for the bear’s eyes and an eye candy piece for his nose section.
This Bear-y Yummy Kid-Friendly Veggie Tray is a delicious and fun way to get kids to eat their vegetables at home, or bring it along to a child’s birthday party or family get-together! I’m sure they’ll get a kick out of it and you can spend the time explaining it’s name. Bear-ry, like very. Get it? Not funny, I know.
- carrots, baby and/or regular
- Kraft French Onion Dip
- chocolate sprinkles or chocolate chips
- candy eyes
- Peel your regular carrot and slice. Slice a large piece of cucumber as well.
- Place cucumber slice on tray and carrot on top. Slice one more carrot piece in half for the ears.
- Fill your dip cup with Kraft French Onion Dip and place under bear's head.
- Slice 2 baby carrots in half long-ways for the bear's paws. Then cut in half width-wise. Place on tray around dip cup.
- Apply 2 sprinkles or chocolate chips for eyes and a candy eye for the mouth and nose.
- To make the the flower, slice a long piece of cucumber and bend a bit on the tray. Take a smaller slice of carrot and place for the center of the flower. Arrange small slices of carrot, then cucumber, around.
Be sure to check out more delicious recipes at Kraft.com. I’d love to hear your favorite!