This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Target #CollectiveBias
When it’s cold outside, a bowl of something warm in your stomach is the best way to instantly warm up. It’s not only the best way to shake off the chill later in the day, but it’s also a great way to get you started in the morning before stepping into the frigidness of winter.
Quaker® Oats knows the importance of waking up with your best bowl, and want to hear your idea of the best bowl of oatmeal in less than 5 ingredients. This national “Bring Your Best Bowl” promotion is called out on select Quaker® Oats products, and easily found with mix-in ideas on an endcap at Target.
Our best bowl? A bowl of Blueberry Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal. It’s like everything good about a cinnamon roll in a hot bowl of baked oatmeal.
Now, I have to say that this recipe for Blueberry Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal has more than 5 ingredients. If you had the cream cheese icing and the cinnamon topping, then quite a bit more. So I won’t be winning any contests. Except the contest of love, because your family will love you for this one.
Mix your Quaker® Old-Fashioned Oats together with cinnamon, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add that to an egg, melted butter, milk, and vanilla. Toss in some blueberries and raisins. All of these ingredients are so easy to find at Target, by the way. After you pick up about 50 items you didn’t know you needed, but Target is just that good of a store.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the top is browned.
While that’s baking in a warm cinnamon infused Blueberry Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal bowl of goodness, mix together your cinnamon topping and cream cheese icing. Then drizzle and eat. You can even drizzle some more if you want. Because we’re all about the love here. Now that is a great bowl!
- 2 cups Quaker® Oats Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp + 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups + 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp + 5 tbsp better, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together oats, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk 2 cups milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Add the oat mixture to the wet ingredients. Fold in blueberries and raisins.
- Pour in prepared baking dish(es) and bake for about 25 minutes, until the tops are brown.
- To make the cinnamon topping, combine 5 tbsp butter, 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon, and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- For the cream cheese icing, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 2 or 3 tbsp milk until smooth.
- Drizzle the cinnamon and cream cheese over the baked oatmeal. Top with more fresh blueberries.
“Bring Your Best Bowl” promotion
Head to the national “Bring Your Best Bowl” sweepstakes site to enter for a chance to inspire the next Quaker® Oatmeal flavor with your best bowl recipe. You can enter to win $250,000 and the top recipe entries will be created and sold in stores for a limited time in Fall 2016. Find official rules here. The contest starts January 2016, ends March 12, 2016, with the winner announced November 2016.