Living in a house full of kids, there are never enough snacks. In fact, it’s a rare sight when they’re not eating something. And now that summer break is here, we’re already getting bored with our normal snack ideas. There’s nothing boring about our Butterfly Crackers Kids Snack, though!
Our Butterfly Crackers Kids Snack is a healthier snack idea. Not that the kids would know.
With shredded baby carrots, celery, and raisins, mixed with cream cheese, peanut butter, on top of crackers and pretzels. There’s crunchy, salty, and smooth.
First, shred the baby carrots and incorporate into a cream cheese base that’s spread across the cracker.
Then, crisp bites of celery are filled with creamy peanut butter while 2 raisins form the butterfly eyes.
Finally, stuff two pretzels into the peanut butter to make butterfly wings.
It’s a simple 3 step process to a better summer snack idea. Kids seem like they never stop eating. But at least you can feel good about serving them our Butterfly Crackers Kids Snack!
- 3-4 baby carrots
- 3-4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6-8 crackers
- 1-2 stalks celery, cut in approx. 2-inch pieces (about 6 or 8)
- 2-4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 raisins, cut in little pieces
- In a food processor, chop carrots and then fold into cream cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on each cracker. Spread peanut butter into crevice of celery piece and carefully place on top of each cracker.
- Place two pretzels within the celery and then add your small raisin pieces (they will act as your butterfly’s “eyes.”) Enjoy and happy snacking!
Be sure to find more fun kid snack ideas at Our Kid Things!