This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.
Fall is my absolute favorite season for many reasons. I’m better suited to the weather, the changing leaves, I love the holidays, and there are so many reasons to bake up some delicious treats. This year though, it will all be done one handed, with a newborn baby in the other. So I need easy, quick recipes and I need a lot of help. Thankfully, I have two trusty sidekicks. My daughter and the NEW Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag.
Available at Meijer in the baking aisle, the Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag produces professional results without any actual skill. As the name suggests, these are pre-filled pastry bags of your favorite Pillsbury Creamy Supreme frosting. The bags also come with a built-in star tip so you can decorate in stars, rosettes, and waves. Frosting your favorite treats has never been more fun and easy for the whole family! Use this mPerks digital coupon to save $1 on any Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag!
The Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bags come in 3 different flavors for all your baking needs: Vanilla, Chocolate Fudge, and Cream Cheese. We picked up both the Chocolate Fudge and Vanilla, with plenty of ideas for both. So many cupcakes, cakes, and treats! First, though, we started with our Candy Corn Cake Trifles recipe!
With layers of orange and yellow cake, our Candy Corn Cake Trifles are a perfect recipe for fall and the Halloween season. We took plenty of help from the store, while still making the end result our own thanks to a few finishing touches and the easy-to-use Pillsbury Pastry Bag.
First, prepare a box vanilla cake mix according to package directions. Once it’s all combined, separate the batter into 2 bowls. Apply 4 drops of yellow gel food coloring to one and mix well. In the other, either use an orange gel food color or add 3 drops of yellow color along with 1 drop of red which is what we did. Spoon mixture into cupcake liners and bake at 325 for about 12 minutes.
Once the cupcakes have cooled, begin layering in a parfait glass. Break up a yellow cupcake, add half a container of vanilla pudding, then an orange cupcake. Top with frosting and garnish with a few candy corns, for good measure.
The frosting was my daughter’s favorite part. Of course it was, right? The Pillsbury Pastry Bag made it so easy, too! With a perfect swirl of vanilla cream on top every time. My trusty sidekick saved the day, and our dessert, with nothing more than a squeeze of the bag.
We even had a few cupcakes left over after making our Candy Corn Cake Trifles, so she took it upon herself to frost those as well. Can’t let any cupcakes go to waste! Or any frosting, for that matter.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix + all ingredients needed according to box instructions
- yellow and orange or red gel food color
- 4 pack vanilla pudding
- Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bags in Vanilla
- candy corns for garnish
- Preheat oven according to pan type and box instructions. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pan and set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to box instructions. Once combined, separate into 2 bowls. Apply 4 drops of yellow gel food color into one, stir well. Apply either 4 drops of orange, or 3 drops of yellow and 1 red to make orange, into the other, stirring well.
- Spoon yellow mix into 12 cupcake liners. Spoon the orange mix into the other 12 liners.
- Bake according to package directions. Let sit to cool.
- Crumble a yellow cupcake into the bottom of a small parfait glass.
- Add half a pack of vanilla pudding, spread even across cupcake.
- Next, crumble an orange cupcake.
- Top with a swirl of vanilla frosting. Finish with a few candy corns to garnish.