This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
My kids love a good bowl of cereal for breakfast. It’s quick and easy and can’t be beat. It’s one of my favorites, as well, though for me it’s always been more of a snack food. Late at night, when all else fails, there’s always cereal. It’s common to find me standing in the kitchen, trying to quiet the crunch as the rest of the house sleeps with a spoon in my grasp.
Cereal really is good any time, and so I like to have plenty of varieties on hand for whenever the urge strikes. And Post has a variety of flavors to make everyone in the family happy.
A new cereal available at Walmart is Kung Fu Panda Po Power Crunch, and I made sure to pick up a box. I also grabbed a bag of Berry Colossal Crunch cereal. You can even earn $0.50 when you buy any Post product at Walmart with Ibotta!
Who needs milk? Since cereal is great for all occasions, I had an idea to take it out of the bowl completely. And put it as the crunch on top of a cupcake. But not just any cupcake. We were going to make Cereal Cupcake Cones!
Do you know how easy it is to bake cupcakes in an ice cream cone? It couldn’t be any simpler, actually. It’s such a great way to bring some fun to regular cake mix-made cupcakes, too.
And of course we both baked a bit of the cereal in the cupcake, as well as topped our Cereal Cupcake Cones with some.
To get started, preheat your oven to 350. Take a regular moist white cake mix and prepare according to package directions. Place regular ice cream cone cups in a muffin tin and add a few pieces of cereal to the bottom of each cone. Not only will this incorporate the cereal throughout your cupcake, but it will help add some weight to the cone to keep from tipping.
Spoon cake mix into each ice cream cone until about Â¾ of the way full. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
Once cool, frost with a whipped vanilla frosting.
Then, dip the tip of the cone in a handful of cereal, pushing the cereal into the frosting gently as needed. I used both Post cereals, Kung Fu Panda Po Power Crunch and Berry Colossal Crunch, in our cupcakes.
My kids love cereal, and I love the late night snack, but now we all love Cereal Cupcake Cones!
- 1 box moist white cake mix, along with ingredients according to package directions
- 12 regular ice cream cone cups
- 1/2 jar whipped vanilla frosting
- 2 cups Kung Fu Panda Po Power Crunch and/or Berry Colossal Crunch
- Preheat oven to 350. Place ice cream cone cups in muffin tin. Add a few pieces of cereal to the bottom of each cone.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fill each ice cream cone about 3/4 of the way with the batter.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let sit to cool.
- Once cool, frost. Take a handful of cereal and dip frosted tip into the cereal, gently pressing the cereal into place.
How do you enjoy cereal anytime?