This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhenImHungry #CollectiveBias
It’s 2 o’clock on a typical afternoon. I’ve gotten the kids to school, been running errands all morning, then had to rush home and begin working to meet a deadline. There is still a long list of items left to do for the day, like the dishes that are piled in the sink and laundry that needs folded. That’s when I usually begin grumbling under my breath and slamming anything I can find into a nearby table.
That’s when I usually realize, I may be hungry.
My kids are the same way. You don’t want to mess with us when we’re hungry. It’s amazing how fast we can break out of our pleasant faces and turn into the Incredible Hulk. Hulk Smash hunger.
I like to keep SNICKERS® on hand for just those occasions. They’re great at keeping the Hulk away. So while I’m in line at Walmart, I make sure to pick up SNICKERS® Extreme, Peanut Butter Squares, or SNICKERS® Almond.
To really make sure none of us turn green in hunger-anger (hanger?), I made some Hulk Smash Hunger Chocolate Chocolate Chip SNICKERS® Muffins. Let me just say, it’s impossible to be angry with these muffins around!
These SNICKERS® Muffins incorporated the SNICKERS® Extreme for a bit of crunch and the Peanut Butter Squares, with a little more Peanut Butter Squares sprinkled and baked on top.
For a complete decadent experience, you can even take some melted chocolate and drizzle it on top of each muffin.
Now that is a great way to Hulk Smash Hunger!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup + 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + 1/4 cup, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped SNICKERS® Peanut Butter and SNICKERS® Extreme + 1/4 cup SNICKERS® Peanut Butter for tops
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place muffin papers in muffin tin.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup of SNICKERS® in a large bowl.
- Whisk together milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup SNICKERS® Peanut Butter on top and then bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle lightly on top.
Who are you when you’re hungry? See more great SNICKERS® recipes and fun stories on the SNICKERS® social hub.
SNICKERS® “Who are you when you’re hungry?” contest
Enter the SNICKERS® “Who are you when you’re hungry?” contest by uploading a personal photo or video from your Computer, Facebook, Instagram or use the SNICKERS® Meme Generator to create something new! Voting begins at Noon on 5/11/15 and ends at 11:59:59AM ET on 7/15/15.