There are a few things that just scream spring to me. Brightly colored flowers, green grass, thunderstorms, and fresh fruit are at the top of the list. Also coconut, and our Coconut Cream Dip. Because when I think of coconuts, I think of tropical locations with lush vibrant scenery. While we’re not jetting off to any island today unfortunately, we’re still taking full of advantage of those coconut flavors with our Coconut Cream Dip.
This Coconut Cream Dip is a great dessert dip to serve at any of your spring gatherings. Or just because, then eat the whole bowl full in front of the TV.
And with an easy to assemble mix of cream cheese, Cool Whip, powdered sugar, and caramel sauce, it’s definitely sweet enough. Get the kids to help stir it all together, and they’ll be licking their fingers, too.
Yet still vibrant and tropical enough with plenty of coconut flavor to make you believe you’re on a long lost island, palms swaying in the ocean breeze. That is if you close your eyes tight enough.
Serve this Coconut Cream Dip with crackers, pretzels, or leftover Girl Scout cookies. If you’re the type who has leftover Girl Scout cookies.
It’s a dip that sure to be a hit wherever and whenever it’s served.
- 8 oz brick cream cheese - softened
- 8 oz Cool Whip - thawed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut plus 4 Tablespoons - toasted
- Preheat oven to a low broil. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread the coconut flakes on to the cookie sheet.
- Low broil the coconut flakes for 2-3 minutes or until they begin to brown. If your flakes are a bit dried out, they may brown faster. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, Cool Whip, powdered sugar, caramel sauce and coconut extract. Stir with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Fold in the toasted coconut flakes.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Transfer to your serving bowl and sprinkle with the reserved toasted coconut. Serve with cookies, pretzels, graham crackers and/or fresh fruit.
Be sure to find more deliciously spring recipes and fun craft ideas at Our Kid Things!