Bubbles are fun. That’s an understatement, right? I mean, who doesn’t like to play in bubbles. Colored bubbles could only be better.
I was sent a 3 pack of Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles (with colors purple pizzazz, fuschia, and unmellow yellow), along with a Bubble Launcher and couldn’t wait to try it out. So when my boys were home from school for spring break, I followed the simple tips listed below and we headed outside.
- Dress for Mess. Wear washable play clothes and shoes. It’s best to not wear suede, leather or any other material that can’t be washed.
- Play Outside. An open grassy area is best away from new concrete, decks and porous surfaces like marble. Don’t use at formal events like weddings.
- Rub skin to remove color.
- Launder clothes promptly with water and detergent. Repeat washing may be needed.
- Hose off outdoor surfaces like sidewalks and driveways to wash away color.
My 8 year old was concerned about getting too messy, however, and refused to participate. Party pooper.
My 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter loved the colored bubbles, though. The wind picked up a few times and we got splattered pretty well with the different colors, but it was very easy to come clean. My kids even got some in their hair, but the color really did just wipe off. They did have trouble winding the bubble launcher, so I was on bubble duty the entire time. Which is why there are no pictures, except for this. You can’t see any bubbles, with only slight spots of yellow on his hands, but he’s very happy.
And I have 1 Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles Gift Pack to give to 1 of you! Included is a 3-pack of Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles and 1 Bubble Launcher, which comes with its own 2 bottles of bubbles.
How to Enter:
- Leave a comment below telling me what you love about spring/summer.
Additional Entries (leave a separate comment below for each)
- 1. Follow me (kidthingsnet) on Twitter and tweet the following:
Enter to #win a @Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles gift pack @kidthingsnet http://bit.ly/HKsk3o #giveaway
- 2. Like Crayola on Facebook
- 3. Like Kid Things on Facebook
- Open to residents of the U.S. and Canada
- Contest open from 04/16/2012 until 04/23/2012 at 12PM CT
- 1 (one) winner will be chosen via Random.org
- Please be sure to leave a valid email address to contact you with if you win. Winners have 24 hours to respond, or a new winner will be drawn.
Update 4/23: Congratulations to Claire, the winner of the gift pack!
Disclosure: The Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles product information and gift packs have been provided by Crayola through MyBlogSpark.