When you’ve had a day, and you don’t even want to think about what’s for dinner, that’s when you know it’s time for pizza night. Our Crescent Dough Taco Pizza takes no time at all, the kids can help, and it’s sure to end the day on a high note.
I’ll go ahead and admit that we have pizza night quite often. With a 2 month old baby, it’s a wonder we even remember that we need to fix dinner, period. So pizza it is. Of course, the kids don’t mind. But when you want something a little different, and even quicker than waiting on delivery, our Crescent Dough Taco Pizza is the perfect weeknight meal!
Taking help from the store, our Crescent Dough Taco Pizza starts with a tube of crescent dough. Who would have thought, right? Place the sheet of crescent dough on cookie sheets and press together the seams together so it forms one cohesive rectangle. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.
While that’s baking, cook the ground beef and season with taco seasoning.
In a small bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and sour cream. Um, yum! While we eat a lot of pizza, I am not really a fan of regular pizza sauce. This, however, I could eat all day. Spread the cream sauce mixture over still-warm crust.
Finally, sprinkle the ground beef over the sauce then top with shredded cheese, followed by the lettuce, tomatoes, and more cheese, plus any additional toppings you would like. And that’s how you get your kids to eat fresh produce. Who was having a bad day? Not me, not anymore!
- 2 packages crescent roll dough
- 1-8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning of choice
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Plus additional pizza toppings as desired
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place crescent dough on cookie sheets and press together so it forms one cohesive rectangle.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground beef and season with taco seasoning. Drain any fat if not using lean beef.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and sour cream. Spread over still-warm crust.
- Sprinkle the ground beef over the cream cheese sauce then 1 cup of shredded cheese, followed by the lettuce, tomatoes, and remaining 1 cup cheese.
Be sure to find more easy weeknight meal ideas at Our Kid Things!