For anyone who’s read here long enough, I’m sure you’ve heard about my relationship with breakfast. It’s not good. Breakfast wants too much out of me first thing in the morning and I just can’t handle the pressure. So my kids are used to things like donuts and toaster pastries, even though I know they deserve a more nutritious breakfast.
I’ve been trying to come up with a variety of more nutritional kid friendly breakfast ideas that also won’t have me dreading the day before I even wake up. Things that I can make ahead and my kids can just grab and go about getting ready for school without sending them into a sugar coma first thing in the morning, too. That’s a delicate line, there. But I’ve found a winner with these Dried Cranberry & Raisin Chocolate Cereal Bars.
The best thing about these Dried Cranberry & Raisin Chocolate Cereal Bars? They’re no bake! And so easy the kids can help. The next best thing? The yummy chocolate-y taste courtesy of Nesquik! It’s like the easiest trail mix and a bar all in one so mom’s at ease and the kids are happy, eat healthy, and on their way to stir imagination!
Nesquik Powder has all the nutritious deliciousness your kids love with 45% less sugar than the leading syrup brand and with no artificial colors or flavors. With 7 essential vitamins and minerals including Vitamin B vitamins, Iron, and Vitamin C, when stirred with 8oz of lowfat milk you’re also giving your kids 8g of protein that they will drink right up!
These Dried Cranberry & Raisin Chocolate Cereal Bars are a delicious way to start the day, but they’re also an amazing after-school snack with sweet bites of dried cranberries and plump raisins.
They’re a great way to refuel for learning and creating and playing and growing into the best people that they’re gearing up to be. Because kids have big adventures and need to be ready for whatever comes next.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Nesquik
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups crispy rice square cereal, lightly crunched
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Prepare an 8 inch pan with aluminum foil, allowing some to overhang. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Combine honey and peanut butter in large bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add Nesquik and vanilla extract until well combined. Then add oats, cereal which I lightly crunched with my hands leaving some larger pieces, raisins, and dried cranberries. Toss together until it's all combined and coated.
- Pour mixture into foil-lined pan foil. With a piece of parchment paper, press firmly into pan in an even layer.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Lift from pan using foil. Carefully peel the foil away and cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.