This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BetterWithCraisins #CollectiveBias
It never fails, 3 o’clock in the afternoon and I hit a wall. A tired, slumpy, craving a snack kind of wall. My first inclination is to go with chocolate, because it’s quick and easy and well, it’s chocolate. That never really helps the matter, though. We’re starting a new year here, with new, better habits. I need energy!
Yummy, fruity, bites of energy.
While at Walmart, I picked up all the ingredients I would need for my Dried Fruit Trail Mix Energy Bites. Otherwise known as Cravin’ Craisins® Energy Bites, those ingredients included both Craisins® Dried Cranberries in Blueberry and Craisins® Fruit Clusters Cranberry Granola.
Available in a variety of flavors and package sizes in the dried fruit section, Craisins® are a great addition in many different recipes. And a 1/4 cup of Craisins® Dried Cranberries provides a 1/2 cup daily serving of fruit!
Our no-bake energy bites are also going to be packed with both a rice cereal and corn flakes, old fashioned oats, semi-sweet chocolate chips, honey, and almond butter. They’re just sweet enough so the kids will love them, too! They would also be good with pretzel pieces or coconut flakes.
Mix all your ingredients in a large bowl until well combined, then refrigerate it all for an hour so that it will form in balls easier.
During that hour you’re waiting, feel free to continue the new year, better habits thing by going on a walk. Do some jumping jacks. Maybe some pull ups. Yoga, possibly? Dancing crazy around the living room with your kids is always fun. Clean the house, even. Or, sit on the couch and watch TV, anxiously checking your clock every 5 minutes. That’s kind of exercise. I get it. Baby steps, people.
And roll. And roll some more.
Once formed, store your Dried Fruit Trail Mix Energy Bites where they’re handy in the fridge. I like to keep ours in a zipped up sandwich bag, that way they’re easy to get to when you get that 3 o’clock craving!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup rice squares cereal, slightly crushed
- 1/4 cup corn flakes, slightly crushed
- 1/4 cup Craisins® Dried Cranberries Blueberry Juice Infused
- 1/4 cup Craisins® Fruit Clusters Cranberry Granola
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Combine oats, cereals, dried fruit and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Add almond butter and honey. Stir gently until fully incorporated.
- Place bowl in the refrigerator for at least an hour before forming into bites.
- Remove bowl from fridge and shape mixture into about 1 inch balls.
- Return and keep bites in fridge until ready to eat.
Now tell me, what’s your preferred way to eat Craisins®? Maybe these Cravin’ Craisins® Trail Mix Energy Bites will be a new favorite!