This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine.
While New Year’s celebrations are usually geared more towards adults, kids want to feel included in the festivities as well. It doesn’t take a lot to put together an amazing kid-friendly New Year’s party for kids, either, even at the last minute. All you really need is a box of Fruity Pebbles.
The colorful cereal makes a wonderful confetti to throw into the air. Keep some handy in treat bags for tossing. Or, you can use push pop containers. Simply fill each with Fruity Pebbles cereal, aim high, and let the confetti fly!
Tossing the Pebbles confetti is best done outdoors, however, for easier cleanup.
Any kid-friendly new year celebration needs some fun drinks, too. For these Fruity Pebbles drinks, simply dip the rim of a glass in simple syrup then in the Fruity Pebbles cereal. Fill with milk and your kids will have their favorite cereal in a glass to toast the New Year!
And because a party needs snacks, too, an easy idea is to make Pebbles 2016 New Year’s Treats! Melt the butter and marshmallows, then combine your Fruity Pebbles cereal. While these colorful treats are tasty any time, make them a true part of the celebration by using 1 and 6 cookie cutters.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (10.5 oz ) bag of miniature marshmallows
- 1 (13 oz) box Fruity Pebbles cereal, about 6 cups
- Spray a 9x9 pan lightly with cooking spray, set aside.
- Melt butter over low heat in large saucepan on stove. When butter is melted, stir in marshmallows until melted. Remove from heat and stir in cereal until completely combined. Evenly distribute the marshmallow mixture into the prepared pan and press it into an even layer using a greased wooden spoon. Greased, clean hands work as well.
- Use a number 1 and 6 shaped cookie cutter to cut the crispy treats.
- Enjoy and Happy New Year!
Download the How to Ring in 2016 with Fruity Pebbles free printable for more kid-friendly New Year’s Eve Party ideas!
Find more fun ideas to celebrate New Year’s at Kid Things!