This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #MakeHeartburnHistory #CollectiveBias
Sweet potatoes are one of my absolute favorites around the holidays. In fact, my mom has always made a dish of candied sweet potatoes mainly just for me. Moms will do that. I like them that much, and will smack away anyone’s hand who dares to take some, too. But do you know what will make them even better? Bacon.
Before you start in on all the deliciously heavy, rich foods of the holidays, though, make sure you’re heartburn prepared. Since nothing can ruin a great meal faster, Nexium® 24HR 42ct Tablets provides protection from frequent heartburn so everyone can savor the best of the Holidays.
Available on the shelf at Walgreens, just one pill a day provides all-day, all-night protection from frequent heartburn no matter the trigger. *Nexium® 24HR may take 1-4 days for full effect. It is not immediate relief.
So now that we’re prepared, let’s get to the sweet potatoes. But since it’s the holidays and all, we don’t want just any sweet potatoes. Not that there’s really anything wrong with that, either. But we’re looking for something special for the holidays. We need Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Wedges.
Even that name is a bit deceptive, however. Because they’re more than Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Wedges. They’re also coated in a brown sugar, cinnamon, chili powder mixture, then drizzled with maple syrup. A bit decadent, yes. But yum? Yes, please! How is that not delicious?
To get started, you first need just 2 sweet potatoes for 16 large wedges. Take a sweet potato and cut it in half. Cut that half in half again and then cut each of those halves at an angle. When all the cuts are made, you should have 4 wedges from one half of a sweet potato. Continue with all potatoes until all wedges are cut.
Then mix brown sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, salt, and olive oil in a large bag or bowl. Add the sweet potato wedges and toss to coat.
Place coated sweet potato wedges on a baking sheet. Cut strips of regular bacon, regular as in not thick cut and not seasoned, in half and wrap one half around each wedge. Return to baking sheet and coat lightly with maple syrup. Bake and wait.
Make sure you’re heartburn prepared, and get ready.
These Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Wedges will seriously make your holiday. In fact, any day can be a holiday, they’re that good.
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into 8 total wedges each
- 8 pcs bacon, cut in half (not thick cut)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400. For easier cleanup, prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take your sweet potatoes and cut each in half. Then cut the half in half again. Cut those into wedges so you should have 8 wedges from each potato.
- In a large plastic bag or bowl, combine oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, and salt. Add sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Cut 8 strips of bacon in half and wrap half a strip around each wedge. Place on baking sheet.
- Coat each bacon wrapped wedge with maple syrup.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is browned and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve with ranch or maple syrup.