This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MMsCarrotCake #CollectiveBias
I love carrot cake! I’m a chocolate girl at heart, but if you give me a choice between something chocolate and a piece of carrot cake, I’ll probably choose the carrot cake. I only say probably, because it could be one of those days when chocolate is just necessary, but otherwise. I’m all about the carrot cake.
Just imagine my squeal of delight while I was browsing through Walmart and came across a display of M&M’s® Carrot Cake. That’s right, white chocolate M&M’s® that taste like carrot cake. It couldn’t get any better.
Did you know they have these? Well, now you do! Go, get some! I’ll still be here waiting.
Of course, I had to grab a couple bags myself. Along with a bag of M&M’s® Pretzel.
Because while looking in amazement at this bag of M&M’s® Carrot Cake, I realized that it could get a little bit better, actually, but only by making Carrot Cake Bars. A great dessert for Easter, these bars incorporate a mix of the M&M’s® Carrot Cake and M&M’s® Pretzel as the base of the bars. Then a Carrot Cake brownie-like bar with a cream cheese frosting.
Oh, the layers of delicious carrot cake!
For the bar itself, I used a box carrot cake mix and changed it up just a bit so that it was a thicker consistency. I then added in about a half a cup of real shredded carrots. I didn’t want to add anything crunchy like pecans, because that’s where the base of M&M’s® come in.
Chop the M&M’s® into smaller pieces. Be careful, though, as they’re tricky little buggers. Then line the bottom of your baking dish, coated lightly with cooking spray. I used an 8×8 dish, which made an almost cake-size bar. If you’d prefer to use a more rectangular dish then simply double the amounts needed for your cream cheese frosting. Because more bars means more frosting.
Then, pour your carrot cake mixture on top of your M&M’s® layer and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the top is golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Make your cream cheese frosting. And bask in the gloriousness of carrot cake. Go ahead and share, it’s OK. You can always make more.
- 1 box carrot cake mix
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (for frosting)
- 2 tbsp butter, softened (for frosting)
- 1 tsp milk (for frosting)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (for frosting)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (for frosting)
- 1/2 cup chopped M&M's® Carrot Cake
- 1/4 cup chopped M&M's® Pretzel
- Spray your baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350.
- Chop M&M's® Carrot Cake and M&M's® Pretzels into until there's enough to form a generous layer on the bottom of your baking dish.
- Mix carrot cake mix, butter, eggs, 3 tbsp milk, and 1 tsp cinnamon with a mixer until well combined. Stir in carrots and raisins. Pour on top of M&M's® layer and spread evenly. If some of the M&M's® happen to get into your cake layer, that's all the better.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of your baking dish, or until the top is golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least an hour.
- Mix cream cheese, butter, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon for frosting until fluffy.
- Frost bars and enjoy! Store covered in refrigerator.
How will you incorporate M&M’s® Carrot Cake into your favorite Easter desserts?