Sometimes, you know what you’re eating is going to be good because it just looks good. And this Muddled Strawberry Kiwi Yogurt Layered Parfait is not only pretty and a great start to the day, but it reminds me of Christmas. Like a present in a glass.
The same concept as a smoothie only slightly chunkier, this Muddled Strawberry Kiwi Yogurt Layered Parfait is a perfect easy breakfast or afternoon snack idea. And while it reminds me of Christmas, with it’s vibrant red and green layers of color, it’s light and tasty and perfect and pretty enough for any time of year. And… and… and… the reasons why I love this parfait could go on.
Start building our Muddled Strawberry Kiwi Yogurt Layered Parfait by first muddling 3 peeled and sliced kiwi with half a banana. Muddling just means you mash it. So muddle the kiwi and banana together until it’s a smoother consistency. Add to the bottom of a small glass or jar.
Layer with 1 serving of vanilla yogurt.
Then, cut the tops off about 6 strawberries. Slice into smaller pieces and muddle those, too, until a smoother texture. Spoon on top of the yogurt.
Add a few more slices of kiwi and strawberries for garnish on top and you have layers of goodness. It’s a beautiful parfait that’s a feast for the eyes and happiness for the stomach.
- 3 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- about 6 strawberries, tops removed and sliced
- half ripe banana
- 1 5.3oz container vanilla yogurt
- kiwi and strawberry slices for garnish
- Begin by peeling and slicing kiwi. Place in a large bowl with half a banana. Muddle together until a smoother consistency. Add to the bottom of a glass or small jar.
- Layer with container of vanilla yogurt.
- Cut off tops of strawberries and slice. Muddle together until smoother. Layer on top of yogurt.
- Place a few more slices of kiwi and strawberries to the top of the parfait to finish.
Be sure to find more of our easy breakfast ideas at Our Kid Things!