My family loves seafood dishes. In fact, my oldest son could live on shrimp and fish alone. It’s not a bad diet, either. I don’t fix it as often as he’d like though, because I’ve grown bored with the same old fish dish. Until I found Bumble Bee SuperFresh® products.
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® is a complete line of naturally-seasoned, restaurant quality seafood solutions for the home. With nothing to hide under heavy breading, sauces, or a long list of unpronounceable ingredients, their products are â€œfish forwardâ€ with recipes that complement the amazing protein they’re started with to bring out the best of the seafood. It raises the bar for what seafood lovers can expect from frozen food!
There’s a wide variety of Bumble Bee SuperFresh® products available for all your seafood needs, from salmon recipes to seared ahi tuna. We were sent a few boxes of Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Garlic & Extra Virgin Olive Oil to try in a favorite, light and summery dish. This Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia has ground black pepper, fresh garlic, sea salt and extra virgin olive oil, a seasoning combination that makes every flaky bite fantastic! I have to say, never has it been so easy and delicious to enjoy a delicious, premium tilapia fillet!
So easy and so delicious that I wanted a tasty, but light, pasta dish to pair with it. This Fish and Summer Pasta is a great one bowl recipe to save on product and your budget, or leave the fish whole on the side and the pasta is a wonderful accompaniment.
For this One Bowl Fish and Summer Pasta, you first need to start by preparing your Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Garlic & Extra Virgin Olive Oil according to package directions. That means wrapping them up in these cute parchment wraps.
While your fish is baking to perfection, boil your pasta and prepare the rest of your ingredients. Slice a pint of cherry tomatoes in half and chop Â½ a pound of fresh asparagus in bite size pieces. Also in a big bowl prepare your light dressing with Â¼ cup of lemon juice combined with Â¼ cup olive oil with salt and pepper to taste. While the rest of your meal is coming together, let the tomatoes sit and marinade in the lemon and olive oil dressing.
I used Rotelle in this dish, a very spring-like springy pasta. Throw your asparagus into the water with the pasta for the last few minutes of cooking time, because we’re all about dirtying as few dishes as possible, just until the asparagus turns bright green and tender.
When everything is ready, combine it all together in the same bowl as the tomatoes and dressing. Take your fish out of the oven, carefully open the parchment paper gift wrap, and include it in the bowl for a one bowl meal. Combine all ingredients, with freshly grated parmesan cheese, while flaking the fish into large chunks.
All that’s left is to top with strips of fresh basil leaves. I’m sure this will be a favorite easy, weeknight summer meal for you, too!
- 1 lb Rotelle pasta
- 2 Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Garlic & Extra Virgin Olive Oil filets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 lb fresh asparagus, ends trimmed & cut bite-sized
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare tilapia according to package directions.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Add asparagus for last 3 minutes or so of cooking, just until the asparagus is bright green and tender.
- Combine lemon juice and olive oil in a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Add cherry tomato halves and stir until coated. Let sit until rest of ingredients are ready.
- Drain pasta and asparagus and add to bowl. Stir to combine and coat in the dressing. Add parmesan cheese.
- Add tilapia filets, stirring and gently flaking as you stir it all together.
- Top with strips of fresh basil.
You can find Bumble Bee SuperFresh® in the frozen seafood section, typically near the seafood counter, at your local grocery store. Be sure to check out this store locator to find Bumble Bee SuperFresh® products near you!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.