This post is sponsored by McCormick® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
This time of the year is always busy. In fact busy is probably an understatement. With all the birthdays and holidays coming up, I always wonder how I’m going to get everything done. Growing up, I’m sure my mom felt the same. Somehow, though, she always managed. And so have I, thus far.
Of course, through all the chaos of this time of year, we always have pumpkin pie. Because pumpkin pie makes everything better. There wasn’t a November in our house growing up when we didn’t have a pumpkin pie sitting on the kitchen counter.
I’m putting my own spin on our pumpkin pie favorite, along with another spin on a classic bread dish, with help from McCormick® products.
Easily found with our other baking ingredients at Meijer, McCormick® makes all the herbs, spices, extracts, and even gravies to put the finishing touches on favorite dishes.
When it comes to herbs and spices, there are a few we always have on hand. McCormick® Ground Cinnamon is a must have this time of year for so many dishes. And it’s the star of the show in our easy Cinnamon Sugar Bread Twists, a literal twist on the childhood classic Cinnamon Toast.
To make these Cinnamon Sugar Bread Twists, simply take a tube of store-bought pizza crust and lay flat. You can also use crescent rolls.
Spread with softened butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Cut into roughly 1” strips with a pizza cutter, fold in half, then twist.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes.
Done and so good, with the perfect light taste of cinnamon that accompanies a fall meal so well.
Or, you can use the Cinnamon Sugar Bread Twists to dip into our Pumpkin Pie Dip. This is our take on the classic pumpkin pie that I grew up with, and can’t go through a November without.
This Pumpkin Pie Dip also uses McCormick® Ground Cinnamon, along with McCormick® Ground Nutmeg and McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice.
All mixed into a delicious combination of cream cheese, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, powdered sugar, and McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract. Which is another one of our must-haves in so many delicious recipes.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in brown sugar until smooth and starts to bubble. Remove from the heat and whisk in vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Then add the brown sugar mixture. Continue adding the remaining ingredients.
- Finish by stirring in the chocolate chips. Save some to add to the top of the dip.