One of my favorite snacks has always been chocolate covered pretzels. I remember sitting at a table with my mom and her friend as we dunked handfuls of twists in white chocolate, then the impatient short wait as it sat to harden. The result is almost magical. And so it only makes sense that we take the basic dunk a step further with these Rainbow Pretzel Wands!
It’s such an easy process that you can customize in so many ways. We didn’t get very fancy with it back then, but you can basically decorate pretzels in chocolate for any mood or occasion. We’ve made Easter Bunny Pretzels, Chocolate Turkey Pretzels, Sprinkle of Spring Pretzels, Heart Dipped Pretzel Sticks, and even Grinch Pretzel Sticks.
These Rainbow Pretzel Wands are a perfectly colorful snack for rainy days. The kids will love helping drizzle the colors, too. They’d also make great additions to back to school lunchboxes, little girls birthday parties, or to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, as well, when that comes around. So basically any time you want a touch of magic.
Made with only a few ingredients, you’ll need to start with a package of large Pretzel Rods. Then, chocolate melts. We used Wilton Chocolate Melts in white, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and pink for our rainbow effect.
Dunk in white chocolate, then drizzle using your rainbow of colors. An easy way to do so is with plastic baggies. Fill each with a separate color and cut just the tiniest tip off a corner. Gold Star Sprinkles finish your magical Rainbow Pretzel Wands.
Wave your wand and taste the rainbow. If these Rainbow Pretzel Wands don’t make you believe in magic, you’ll at least get a tasty treat for trying.
- 1 pkg. Pretzel Rods
- 1 Pkg. each Wilton Chocolate Melts---white, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink
- Gold Star Sprinkles
- Melt the white chocolate per package directions and dip the pretzel, leaving about 2 inches plain to hold it. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place a few gold stars on the white chocolate where it meets the plain pretzel that you didn't coat.
- Melt each of the other colors of chocolate per package directions in individual bowls.
- Start by drizzling the red at the top of the pretzel, across it zig zagging back and forth. Come down about an inch or so. (To drizzle, you can either use a spoon or fill a plastic baggie and cut a tiny tip off a corner)
- Next drizzle the orange, then the yellow, green, blue, and finally the pink.
- The pink drizzle should end right at the stars so it looks like the gold at the end of the rainbow.
- Let dry, and ready to eat!
Be sure to look for more fun kid food ideas at Our Kid Things!