It was close to Christmas, a long time ago, when my dad brought home a container full of the most delicious peanut butter chocolate balls. Someone at his work was apparently passing them out and, even though I remember asking a couple of times, no one ever told me what they were or how they were made. All I knew was that they were my most favorite thing ever. And I was sorely upset when I had eaten the last one.
Cut to 25 years later, and I finally know what they are and how they’re made. Buckeyes, or Peanut Butter Balls funny enough, are just as good as I remember and so much easier than I thought they’d be, too. You know what else is good? A $25 Amazon Gift Card! Keep reading for your chance to win!
So easy, and so delicious, that they really do make a wonderful holiday gift, especially in 1 Quart Hefty Slider Storage Bags with a festive Hefty printable treat bag topper attached. Hefty Slider Bags makes a great way to keep your holiday goodies safe and fresh with a strong, secure seal. Then print out the free bag toppers, personalize, and follow the directions for a fun gifting idea! Hefty Slider Bags are great for keeping your freezer safely stocked this holiday season, too.
You can whip up a batch of these in record time, just as long as you don’t eat them all. I’m not saying I did, but come on! I’ve been deprived of my favorite thing ever for 25 years, would you blame me?
Not that they need anything extra to make them better, but to really put a holiday spin on these bite-sized goodies, I made them into Reindeer Nose Peanut Butter Buckeyes! So cute in their festive Hefty goodie bags!
After rolling the peanut butter into balls then dipping in chocolate, simply add a red M&M to just a few of the buckeyes. Rudolph is special after all, so they all can’t be his nose. It’s no wonder these are my most favorite thing ever. I have to say, the kids agree, too. I’m not going to make them wait 25 years before another batch, though.
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- red M&Ms
- Mix butter and peanut butter in a large bowl. Carefully combine powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls. Set in freezer for at least an hour.
- Melt chocolate chips in bowl microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between intervals.
- Using a toothpick, dip each peanut butter ball 3/4 of the way into the chocolate. Place a red M&M in the middle of a few of the peanut butter balls.
- Set on wax paper until set. Take the toothpick and smooth peanut butter to cover hole.
- Enjoy! Best kept refrigerated.
Which festive Hefty printable would you choose to top your goodie bags? Tell me your favorite through the Rafflecopter form to enter to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card to help your holiday shopping!
Win a $25 Amazon Gift Card