There are a few fruits that I can now get my kids to eat willingly. Oranges, apples, and watermelon being on that list. They still like bananas, too. Though they also like to mix it up. These Under the Sea Chocolate Covered Bananas are a great way to turn your regular banana into a sweet ocean-themed treat!
Under the sea! Under the sea! Anything about the ocean, the beach, and water is welcome come these hot summer months. And has it ever been hot! Barely into June and it’s scorching out there already.
Our Under the Sea Chocolate Covered Bananas are cool, though. Literally, as we set them in the fridge for a bit to make sure the chocolate hardens. As well as tasty and fun, since we made them into pops and covered with candy fish. Yum, sweet, with a serving of fruit, too.
To start making these Under the Sea Chocolate Covered Bananas, you will need blue candy melts and fish sprinkles. You should be able to find these at Walmart or on Amazon. You will also need popsicle sticks. Bananas are a given. And don’t forget your little helpers! This is the perfect recipe to get your kids in the kitchen.
Break 3 bananas in half to make 6 small banana pops. Place a popsicle stick at the bottom of the banana. Melt blue candy melts according to directions, either in the microwave or on the stove top. When melted, begin coating the bananas in the blue candy melts until fully covered. Sprinkle the banana pops with the fish sprinkles. It will harden quickly, so work fast! Finally, place into fridge until the chocolate completely hardens.
Swim little fishies! Into my belly!
- 3 Bananas
- Wilton Fish Sprinkles
- Blue Candy Melts
- Popsicle Sticks
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Break 3 bananas in half to make 6 small banana pops. Place a popsicle stick at the bottom of the banana.
- Melt blue candy melts according to directions, either in microwave or on stove top. This Wilton Candy Melting Pot is great too!
- Coat the bananas in the blue candy melts until completely covered.
- Sprinkle the banana pops with the fish sprinkles. It will harden quickly, so work fast!
- Place into fridge until it completely hardens.
Be sure to find more fun summer recipe and craft ideas at Our Kid Things!