This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShrimpItUp #CollectiveBias
A little while back, I took a weekend trip to the eastern coasts of Florida. We visited beaches, kicked around in the sand, gathered shells, watched the manatees, and ate a lot of seafood. Because that’s what you do when you’re so close to the ocean. It was the freshest shrimp, fish, and clams I’ve ever had. To be honest, they were the only clams I’ve ever had, but they were good!
You don’t need to visit Florida to feel like you’re eating right out of the ocean, however. Many people may not naturally look for quality seafood products in the frozen section of their Walmart store, but it’s the best place to take a little help and add some quick flavor with SeaPak®.
That’s exactly where I picked up the SeaPak® Party Size packages of Butterfly Shrimp and Coconut Shrimp for our Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Mango Salsa and Avocado Cream Sauce! Be sure to download a coupon for $.75 off any SeaPak product!
Now these Shrimp Lettuce Wraps only use SeaPak Butterfly Shrimp, but I have plans to use the Coconut Shrimp later. Along with our Party Size packages of SeaPak Butterfly Shrimp, I grabbed a mango, a couple avocados, red onion, red bell pepper, a lime, some large romaine lettuce leaves, and some fresh dill for garnish. I had the sour cream and mayonnaise already at home for our Avocado Cream Sauce.
To prepare your Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, first spread the SeaPak Butterfly Shrimp on a baking sheet and slide that into a preheated oven according to package directions. You’ll need about 5 pieces of shrimp for every lettuce wrap.
While the shrimp is baking, mix all your ingredients for the Mango Salsa in one bowl.
In another bowl, combine the ingredients for the Avocado Cream Sauce.
Prepare the lettuce leaves on a plate. And, once the shrimp is out of the oven, cut off the tails and layer the shrimp. Spread some Mango Salsa and top with Avocado Cream Sauce.
- 20 pcs SeaPak Butterfly Shrimp
- 4 large romain lettuce leaves
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 red onion
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh dill.
- Preheat oven and bake shrimp according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, dice and mix together mango, 1 avocado, red bell pepper, onion, juice of half the lime and the kosher salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mash the other avocado. Add sour cream, mayo, and the juice from the other half of the lime. Stir together.
- Once shrimp is out of the oven, arrange lettuce leaves. Cut off shrimp tails and add about 5 pieces to each lettuce leaf. Top with mango salsa and avocado cream. Finish each with a few snips of fresh dill.
- Save remaining salsa and avocado cream sauce in case anyone wants extras.
Now that you’ve seen my idea for Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Mango Salsa & Avocado Cream Sauce, tell me, how would you #ShrimpItUp?