It’s that time for holiday parties and festive get-togethers. If you’re in need of some fun desserts for those special gatherings, our Snowman Cupcakes are the perfectly tasty treat that kids and adults will both find deliciously cute!
These Snowman Cupcakes are great to come inside from the cold to, especially after making a real snowman of your own. And they won’t melt on you, either, though you may need to claim yours before everyone grabs one and they vanish. They’re so simply made, that the kids can take off their mittens and help with them, too.
For 6 Snowman Cupcakes we start with 6 vanilla cupcakes. From the box is perfectly OK, but you can take it a step further by making yours from scratch if you have a family recipe.
Then to put together our snowman toppers, you’ll need large marshmallows, pretzel sticks, white frosting, as well as orange and black decorating frosting.
Start by preparing cupcakes according to package directions. Once they’re baked and cooled, pipe the white frosting onto the cupcakes. On a large marshmallow, use the black frosting to pipe two dots for eyes. Use the orange frosting to pipe a “carrot nose”.
Place the marshmallow on top of the frosted cupcake. Stick 2 pretzel sticks on either side of the marshmallow head for arms. Finally, use the black decorating frosting to add three black dots below the marshmallow head for buttons.
- 6 cupcakes
- pretzel sticks
- white frosting
- orange and black decorating frosting
- large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 6 cup cupcake pan with liners.
- Prepare the cake mix according to directions. Pour into the cupcake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool.
- You can use this Betty Crocker Cupcake Frosting for easy piping or regular white frosting.
- Pipe the white frosting onto the cupcakes.
- On a large marshmallow, use the black frosting to pipe two dots for eyes. Use the orange frosting to pipe a "carrot nose".
- Place the marshmallow on top of the frosted cupcake.
- Stick 2 pretzel sticks on either side of the marshmallow head for arms.
- Use the black decorating frosting to add three black dots below the marshmallow head for buttons.
Be sure to find more Christmas crafts and recipe ideas at Our Kid Things!