This shop and recipe for Chocolate Mix Cookie Bars has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BOOItForward #CollectiveBias
BOO! Part of the magic of Halloween is that you get to share the celebration with others. You share your frightful decorations, you share your costumes, you share your candy, and you get to share your BOO’s. Have you been BOO’d?
BOO bags full of Halloween treats are a fun way to share some of the magic of the festivity with your neighbors and friends. While at Walmart, I picked up a couple Chocolate Mix Fun Size bags, along with 6pks of A&W BOO’t-beer and Sunkist® in spook-tacular 8oz Halloween cans. In fact, use this coupon to save $1.00 on TWO (2) 2L or 6pk 8oz cans of any flavor Sunkist® Soda, 7UP®, Canada Dry®, A&W®, Squirt®, or Sun Drop®. It’ll all go BOO’tifully in our BOO bundles!
I’m having way too much with the BOO’s!
Then get your BOO bundle ready! I found some great little Halloween baskets also at Walmart, and filled them with treat bags of the chocolate from the Chocolate Mix Fun Size bags as well as a Halloween can of A&W or Sunkist®. First, though, print your Printable BOO card. This way makes it so easy to #BOOitForward!
Then, to make the card:
- Cut out this “We’ve been BOO’dâ€ sign.
- Fold the “You’ve been BOO’d” greeting card (page 2) and tape openings together.
- Include the card and sign when gifting BOO bundles.
To add some more BOO, we made a fun BOO Board using wrapped pieces of candy!
For the BOO Boards, simply glue fun-size pieces of wrapped candy from your mixed bag onto a white foam board to form the word “BOO”!
This would be a fun addition to a porch on Halloween night to welcome trick or treaters, or you can even gift it with your BOO bundles for an extra special touch!
Leave your BOO bags for your friends and neighbors and wait for the â€œWe’ve been BOO’dâ€ signs to appear! I made sure to leave one for my mom, who just happens to live right down the street from me.
She’s been BOO’d!
Then, since after making all my BOO signs I still had some chocolate bars left over, I made these Chocolate Mix Cookie Bars.
They’re a chocolate chip cookie in a gooey bar with more chocolate. There’s nothing scary about that!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups chocolate mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar and butter with an electric mixer. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Mix in baking powder, flour, and salt.
- Add your chocolate mix and combine. I used 2 cups of chopped up chocolate bars and M&M's and 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Press into pan. Dough will be thick so you will need to press it with your hands. Spray your hands with cooking spray to keep from sticking.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the edges are brown but the center still slightly jiggles. Let cool completely, overnight is best. Slice into squares.