Kraft-Heinz sponsored this post, but the opinions are my own.
My daughter recently started gymnastics. It’s something she loves to do, she’s always practicing her flips, and I may be a bit biased, but she’s one of the best in her group. She’s made for it. We need to make sure her body stays prepared, though, and that begins with the right snacks before and after class. For an easy-on- the-go snack option, we’ve been choosing Capri Sun Sport and Planters P3 Protein Snacks.
Perfect for after school snacks, too, Capri Sun Sport and Planters P3 Protein Snacks are available at Walmart in the juice and nut aisle, respectively.
What makes these snacks so great? For starters, the Planters P3 packs have 13g of protein with plenty of nut and meat options, while Capri Sun Sport has 25% fewer calories than regular sports drinks.
On our latest shopping trip to Walmart, we made sure to pick up a pack of Capri Sun Sport Fruit Frenzy, as well as Citrus Rush. We also grabbed Planters P3 Snacks in P3 Original Beef Jerky and P3 Maple-Glazed Ham. Not only are we keeping these products on hand for when school starts, but they’re going in Abby’s gymnastics bag, too, to make sure she can grab a quick bite after practice.
Do you have a sports superstar? Gymnastics is my daughter’s idea, but we can do all we can to make sure she stays on track with snacks that contain plenty of protein and proper hydration. That’s just one of our 5 Ways to Encourage Your Sports Star. These are also great tips for going back to school, too!
1. Snacks that Refuel – Easy, on-the- go nourishment like Capri Sun Sport and Planters P3 Snacks are especially important for before and after practice. It’s hard to concentrate on the lesson being taught when your stomach is growling.
2. Make Every Practice – Life happens. However, every practice session is important and prepares them for the bigger game or event. So make sure you can get your child to as many as possible. And make sure they can get some time to practice at home, too.
3. Cheer Them On – There’s nothing my daughter loves more than to see that I’m watching her from the sidelines. It’s so important for them to know that you’re taking an interest. But encouragement needs to start before they get on the field, too.
4. Dress the Part – When it came to gymnastics, my daughter didn’t feel like she was really serious about the sport until she bought her first leotard. The same can be said about the right shoes, track pants, or even comfy socks.
5. Notice the Small Improvements – It’s not all about hitting it out of the park. A line drive, or finally hitting the flip she’s been working on, are just as important. Just as raising a grade up to a B in a subject that they’ve really been struggling with deserve congratulations. It may not yet be an A, but it’s on the way!
For those times they do hit it out of the park, though, be sure to make them into a big deal. An easy way to celebrate is with our Paper Plate #1 Award Ribbon Craft.
To make our Paper Plate #1 Award Ribbon Craft, you will need a small dessert-size paper plate, acrylic paints in assorted colors, white cardstock, ribbon, scissors, and number 1 stickers.
Paper Plate #1 Award Ribbon Craft
- small dessert-size paper plate
- acrylic paints in assorted colors
- white cardstock
First, paint a small paper plate in the color of your choice. Let dry.
Once dried, make snips all around the outside of the plate, about 2 inches in. Use the rim of a glass or bowl to trace a circle on the white cardstock just large enough to fit inside the paper plate. This should cover up where the snips on the plate stop. Glue in place.
Cut two strings of ribbon to hang from the Paper Plate #1 Award Ribbon Craft. Trim a triangle on the ends and glue on back of the plate. Add #1 stickers or use a stencil.
Have one of these Paper Plate #1 Award Ribbon Crafts waiting for your superstar on their next big win and I’m sure they’ll never forget it. Be sure to check out more of our paper plate crafts at Our Kid Things! And don’t forget to pick up Capri Sun Sport with Planters P3 Snacks the next time you’re at Walmart!