I do love strawberries, and they’re just quintessentially appropriate for spring and summer. For everything from our Strawberry Turkey Pinwheels to a delicious Hawaiian Fruit Salad, and of course the best kind of treats. The juicy, the sweet, the fresh. The yum! And you’ll be saying a lot of yum in between bites of our Strawberry Muffins recipe!
Strawberry Shortcake is a favorite from childhood, which inspired my Strawberry Shortcake Funnel Cakes. Our Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake Pops are great for summertime, too. For a quick breakfast grab and go, though, you can’t beat Strawberry Muffins.
For our Strawberry Muffins recipe, you’ll need to mash 2 medium-sized bananas and finely chop 1 cup fresh strawberries. Oh yes, because there’s bananas in our Strawberry Muffins, too.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Then combine sugar, oil, and eggs with a mixer until it you achieve a creamy consistency. Add vanilla extract then add your mashed bananas.
Pour into prepared cupcake liners and bake in a preheated oven set at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
Start adding your dry ingredients to the wet. Do it slowly, in thirds, and make sure all of the ingredients are well combined. Fold in your strawberries. It’s a great breakfast or snack muffin that’s full of summer yum!
- 1 Â¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Â½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium-sized bananas, mashed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a stand mixer, start combine sugar, oil, and eggs until it you achieve a creamy consistency. Add vanilla extract then add your mashed bananas.
- Start adding your dry ingredients. Do it slowly, in thirds, and make sure all of the ingredients are well combined. Fold in your strawberries.
- Fill each section of your muffin pan with your batter and bake for 15 to 18 minutes (or until golden brown, whilst passing the â€˜toothpick test'). Allow to cool before serving!
Be sure to check out more of our Spring craft and recipe ideas at Our Kid Things!