When it comes to weeknight meals, the easier the better. To make a quick dinner recipe, I’m not ashamed to say that I take a lot of help from the store. Many times, that help is Hamburger Helper. But I also like to make it my own, like these Cheesy Enchilada Hamburger Helper Stuffed Peppers.
My family is quite familiar with Hamburger Helper. Not only is Helper a great solution for hectic nights when you need to get dinner on the table fast, but it also helps stretch a dollar.
What I appreciate about Hamburger Helper is that it’s a one pan meal, so cleanup is easy as well. But sometimes I like to mix it up and find other uses for our Hamburger Helper. Like these Cheesy Enchilada Hamburger Helper Stuffed Peppers. I love stuffed peppers and this is a fast way to get them on the table!
Prepare the Cheesy Enchilada Hamburger Helper as directed on the box, though I omitted the sauce you top it with at the end. Take 4 medium-large peppers. Cut off the tops, then remove the seeds and membranes. Once the Cheesy Enchilada is cooked, stuff in each pepper. Top with cheese and bake until peppers are tender.
So 1 pan and 1 baking dish. That’s still easy!
- 1 box Hamburger Helper Cheesy Enchilada
- milk and water as stated on box
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 large red and orange peppers
- 1 cup cheese
- Brown the ground beef and prepare Cheesy Enchilada as directed on box.
- While the Hamburger Helper is cooking, preheat oven to 350. Cut off tops of each pepper and remove seeds and the membranes.
- When Cheesy Enchilada is cooked, spoon mixture into each pepper. Top each with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are tender.