The new Smurfs movie hits theatres today. No, this is not a sponsored post. I simply love the Smurfs that much. Thus, in celebration of my childhood favorite cartoon, I have another deliciously fun blue dessert to share. This time, we’re making Smurfs Oreo Bark!
For this Smurfs Oreo Bark, you will need blue and royal blue candy melts. Because you know, Smurfs. They’re blue. You will also need a couple different white sprinkles, marshmallows, and Oreos. Yummy Oreos.
Last week, we shared an idea for Smurfs Jello. At that time, I reminisced about how I loved waking up on Saturday mornings to watch the Smurfs. They really were my favorite and I still have a soft spot in my heart for those little blue people. Cartoons these days just aren’t quite the same. So I’ve been a bit Smurf crazy recently, and I’m taking the kids along with me. Don’t worry, I don’t think they mind.
Seriously. I don’t think the kids mind one bit at all. In fact, they’re saying keep the Smurfs desserts coming.
This is a great recipe for the kids to help make, too. There’s really no way to mess this up. You simply swirl your blue chocolate candy melts together, then top with the other ingredients. And you get to lick off any chocolate you may get on your fingers.
Finally, let the sprinkled sheet of chocolate harden before breaking into pieces.
And you’ve made a delicious pan of Smurfs Oreo Bark in no time that’s perfect to eat while catching up on old cartoons or watching the new Smurfs movie alike! No, Gargamel, this batch is ours. You can very easily make your own, though.
- 12 oz bag Wilton royal blue candy melts
- 1/3 cup Wilton blue candy melts
- 12 Oreos - broken into pieces
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- White jimmies sprinkles
- White sugar pearl sprinkles
- Optional: Flower (snowflake) sprinkle mix
- Line a 10 x 15 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a double boiler pan (or Wilton candy warmer), heat the royal blue candy melts under medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth.
- Once the royal blue candy has melted, microwave the blue candy melts for 45 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Begin with pouring the melted royal blue chocolate on to the parchment lined baking pan and smooth out evenly with a rubber spatula. Drizzle the melted blue candy on top. Run a butter knife through the melted chocolate, making swirl patterns.
- Scatter the broken Oreo pieces through out the bark. Next, sprinkle the mini marshmallows, white jimmies and pearls all over the bark. Finally, generously sprinkle with the flower (snowflake) and blue jimmies mix (optional). You will have to add these items rather quickly as the bark begins to harden within 5 minutes.
- Chill for 1 hour to allow the bark to completely harden.
- Once chilled, break into pieces and serve. ENJOY!!
- * Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.