This is a sponsored post by Lunchbox. All opinions are mine.
I have fond memories of being a kid and spending time with my mom in the kitchen. Particularly trying to make fudge. It was a certain recipe that used marshmallow fluff and there was boiling involved. Neither of us were really patient enough for it. We tried the first time, and while the taste was good, the consistency was way too thin. So, we tried again. Same recipe, with a few adjustments made. Suffice to say, it failed again. We could never get the consistency right. It was more like a fudge pudding than the formed squares it should be. But we had a great time trying.
This recipe from Kraft for Velveeta Fudge, however, is my kind of fudge recipe. There’s no boiling, or even cooking involved. It’s really almost impossible to fail. But certainly easy to make every day delicious with Kraft!
Simply melt together 12 ounces of regular VELVEETA, unsweetened chocolate, butter, and a few tablespoons of corn syrup in your microwave.
Combine that chocolate mixture into powdered sugar until it’s all smooth. Then add vanilla and pecans. I actually used the Planter’s Mixed Nuts, which you can get for $1 off using a coupon found here.
Let that decadent pan of goodness sit in the refrigerator and set for several hours. Several long hours. This is, by far, the most difficult aspect of this Velveeta Fudge recipe. Feel free to lick the fork or spoon you used while you wait, though. It’s all a part of the process.
Again, I so do not have the patience. Some things never change. I kept testing to see if I could cut into it before it was ready. But you really should let it set. I know, it’s hard.
Impossible to fail. And impossible to resist.
My mom would be proud. I should bring her some. I really don’t spend enough time with her these days.
- 3/4lb. (12 oz.) VELVEETA, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Unsweetened Chocolate (6 oz.), broken into pieces
- 2Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 2pkg. (16 oz. each) powdered sugar (about 8 cups)
- 1-1/2cups chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- 1tsp. vanilla
- Microwave VELVEETA, butter, chocolate and corn syrup in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 3 min. or until blended, stirring after 2 min.
- Add chocolate mixture, in batches, to sugar in large bowl, beating with mixer on medium speed until blended after each addition. Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Smooth top with spatula. Refrigerate several hours or until firm before cutting into 1-inch squares.
Be sure to check out the Kraft hub at Walmart for more recipe ideas and valuable coupons that will make every day delicious!